Learn more about the “Best Place to Work in the City” *
At Jefferies, our mission is to help every member of our team and every client we represent succeed and reach their maximum potential. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact while collaborating with experienced and successful professionals.
Jefferies is a global, client-focused investment bank which is entrepreneurial and fast-paced. We believe the energy and insight of our people are crucial to Jefferies’ success.
Exposure: You will be given exposure to multiple teams within the Technology function where you will be able to make an impact with the work that you do.
Experience: The variety of work and exposure to Senior Management will provide you with valuable experience for your future career.
Training: Immediately upon joining, you will benefit from on the job training and have the ability to develop your technical and soft skill capabilities.
Network: Through networking with peers and senior leaders in a flat structure, you will build a strong support network.
How to apply
- We welcome students, and in particular female students from all Technology, Maths, Engineering and Business related degrees.
- Application deadline: Sunday 31st March 2019
- Interviews and assessments: April 2019
- Start date: July / August 2019
- All applications are reviewed on a rolling basis, so please submit yours as soon as possible
- To apply, please follow the “Apply” link at the bottom of this page
An excellent opportunity has arisen to participate in a summer internship program within Jefferies International Limited, Technology Department. Based in our London offices, our interns will be invited to spend 12 weeks with us, to further their understanding of how technology underpins an investment bank.
We have 3 agile rotational scheme vacancies offering the following experience and exposure:
- To work within the Front Office Technology teams to help deliver on key projects, the successful candidate will take on the role of a Developer or Technical Analyst. Opportunity to work with the Business to understand their requirements and build a possible solution or enhance an existing process within the Technology teams.
- To work directly within the Technology Infrastructure teams to provide business analysis on statistical information on each department. This rotation will give a successful candidate experience within Information Security and Infrastructure to understand the foundations of a network and how to protect a network. An opportunity to see how technology is built and maintained taking on a similar role of a Security or Network Engineer.
- To work within the Operations Technology team to provide analysis and development for projects to support the Operations departments. This rotation will give a successful candidate an overview of Operations and Finance Technology areas of technology supporting internal business areas. An opportunity to work as first line of support complete administration requirements and Projects.
- Technical skills is a distinct advantage
- Exposure to scripting language is an advantage but not essential (SQL, Java)
- Analytical and good attention to detail
- Understanding of basic technical terms
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure and in an organised manner to meet deadlines
- Finance and accounting knowledge is an advantage but not essential
* As voted by our employees in Here is the City
If you are having problems submitting your application then please get in touch - email@example.com
Vintners Place 68 Upper Thames Street, London, United Kingdom